MODERN THEORETICAL-CONCEPTUAL APPROACHES TO FORMULATION OF THE CONCEPT "AGRICULTURAL REGION"
Main Article Content
Introduction. In modern scientific literature, we encounter a wide use of the concepts and terms "rural regions", "rural territories", "rural area", "village", etc. From the everyday point of view, such polyconceptuality is quite acceptable, but in the light of solving a specific scientific problem, it is necessary, in our opinion, to agree on the main concepts and terms within the chosen conceptual and conceptual field of research.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to study the definition of the socio-economic essence of the concept of "rural regions" and to identify its terminological potential based on the generalization of terms and concepts found in the conceptual and conceptual field of research on rural regions.
Results. Harmonious development of the country, growth of its competitiveness is impossible without preserving the potential of rural regions. Rural regions not only shape the food security of states, but also preserve the cultural, ethnic, and historical traditions of rural areas. The concept of "rural region" in domestic science is insufficiently developed. In different countries, there are many definitions of "rural areas", "rural areas", which differ depending on the political system of the states, as well as on the national, economic, demographic, social, geographical and other characteristics of the countries. A rural region is a complex socio-economic system, the internal environment of which consists of economic, social and ecological subsystems, which is characterized by a certain set of qualitative characteristics and which performs various national economic functions.
Based on the examination of modern scientific publications, the imperfection of empirical observations was determined, which do not provide a complete picture of the regional features of the development of rural areas of Ukraine. The article typologizes rural regions according to various classification features, characterizes the levels and varieties of these socio-spatial formations. The main characteristics of the rural region are highlighted and it is substantiated that the overall, integral characteristic of the region is given by the size and structure of its socio-economic potential. It includes natural resource, demographic, scientific and technical, informational, industrial, recreational, social and cultural potentials. It is noted that the concept of "rural region" is not commonly used in scientific literature. According to the authors, this is due to the ambiguous interpretation of the key terms "region" and "rural". In modern sources, the term "region" refers to various spatial systems of extremely diverse scales - from a group of states to small administrative-territorial units and even their parts.
Originality. The article specifies the essence of the concept of "rural region". The author's definition of the concept of a rural region is given, namely: "A rural region is a historically formed part of the country's territory, outside the borders of cities and purely industrial facilities, which is an independent territorial subsystem of the country's economic complex, with production, distribution, exchange and consumption of material goods and services.
Conclusion. In the results of scientific research, law-making activities, normative and legal documentation, the variability of wording is still allowed, which allows each researcher to choose the most acceptable of them. The analysis of the available definitions and essential features of the concept of "rural region" and related terms, concepts, and concepts allows us to assert that this concept has the greatest terminological potential for describing such a complex, multifunctional social phenomenon as a rural region.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
Belenkyi V. R. (1975). Silski poselennia v edynii systemi rosselennia. M.: Znannia, 64 s. (in Russ.).
Hryniuk T.A. (1996). Heohrafiia silskoi mistsevosti Kyivskoi oblasti: Navchalno-metodychnyi posibnyk. Kyiv: VDPU im. Drahomanova, 130 s. (in Ukr.)
Tarasova Yu. V. (2003). Poniattia silskoi mistsevosti ta yii funktsii yak suspilno-heohrafichnoi katehorii. Heohrafiia i suchasnist : zb. nauk. pr. Natsion. ped. un-tu im. M. P. Drahomanova. Kyiv: Vyd-vo Natsion. ped. un-tu im. M. P. Drahomanova, 9, 135–143. (in Ukr.)
Shepotko L. O. (2000). Silskyi sektor Ukrainy na rubezhi tysiacholit. Tom 1. Instytut ekonomiky NAN Ukrainy. 396 s. (in Ukr.)
USDA (2021). Land use, Value, and Management: Measuring Interactions Between Urban Population and Agricultural Production. Retrieved from http://www.ers.usda.gov/briefing/Rurality/ (Accessed: 22.03.2022).
Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine (2021). Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://www.minagro.gov.ua (Accessed: 12.02.2022).
Pavlov O. I. (2006). Silski terytorii Ukrainy: istorychna transformatsiia paradyhmy upravlinnia: Monohrafiia. Odesa: Astroprynt, 360 s. (in Ukr.)
Sazhniev M. L. (2002). Funktsionalnyi vzaiemorozvytok silskykh ta miskykh mistsevostei Melitopolskoho suspilno-heohrafichnoho rehionu (metodyka ta analiz) : avtoref. dys. na zdobuttia nauk. stupenia kand. heohr. nauk : spets. 11.00.02 «Ekonomichna i sotsialna heohrafiia». Kyiv, 21 s. (in Ukr.)
Kovaliov S. A. (2003). Vybrani tvory. Smolensk: Oikumena, 438 s. (in Russ.)
Bautin V.M. Stalyi rozvytok silskykh terytorii: sutnist, terminy i poniattia. Retrieved from http://surl.li/cvynp (Accessed: 12.04.2022).
Orlatyi M. K. (1997). Sotsialna sfera sela: teoriia, metodolohiia ta problemy rozvytku. Kyiv: In-t ahrarnoi ekonomiky UAAN, 230 s. (in Ukr.)
Prokopa I. V. (2001). Vyrobnycha sfera sela i silske zhyttieve seredovyshche. Kyiv : Instytut ekonomiky NAN Ukrainy, 119 s. (in Ukr.)
Slovnyk z rehionalnoi polityky. Instytut rehionalnykh ta yevrointehratsiinykh doslidzhen YevroRehio Ukraina. Retrieved from http://www.eru.org.ua (Accessed: 12.12.2021).
Sabluk P.T. (2006). Rozvytok silskykh terytorii – zaporuka vidrodzhieennia ahrarnoi Ukrainy. Visn. Ahrar. Nauky, 5, 21-23.
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2021). Zakon Ukrainy «Pro stymuliuvannia rozvytku rehioniv». Ofitsiinyi veb-sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy: Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua. (Accessed: 17.03.2022).
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2021). Rozporiadzhennia Prezydenta Ukrainy «Pro komisiiu z rozrobky Kontseptsii derzhavnoi rehionalnoi polityky Ukrainy». Ofitsiinyi veb-sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy: Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua. (Accessed: 28.03.2022)
Derhachоv V.A. Heopolytychnyi slovnyk-dovidnyk. Kyiv: KNT, 2009. 592 s. (in Russ.)