Main Article Content
Introduction. The essence and specifics of ecotourism in theory and practice are not sufficiently disclosed. The study of ecotourism is especially relevant for Ukraine, due to its natural resource and tourism potential. Despite the security threats of the war, the current situation creates new opportunities for the development of ecotourism in Ukraine. In this regard, it is necessary to scientifically substantiate the possibilities of the ecotourism development in the conditions of martial law, taking into account regional characteristics and priorities of state support.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to determine the essence of ecotourism and justify the priorities of its development in Ukraine in the context of war challenges.
Results. Theoretical discussions regarding the essence and specifics of ecotourism are developed. The components of the formation of the ecotourism product, signs and types of ecotourism activity are specified. The main trends in the development of ecotourism in Ukraine in the pre-war period are highlighted. The security challenges of the development of ecotourism in Ukraine are indicated. The priority directions for the development of ecotourism in Ukraine for tourist companies and state authorities are proposed.
Originality. Schematization of the ecotourism essence is carried out. This includes the identification of the components of the formation of ecotourism product, signs of ecotourism activity, the division of types of ecotourism activity into «net» and «hybrid», which made it possible to substantiate the specificity of ecotourism among other types of tourism. Based on the analysis of trends in the ecotourism development in Ukraine and considering the impact of security threats, priorities for the development of this area with new opportunities for differentiation of activities for tourism companies are proposed.
Conclusion. The development of ecotourism in Ukraine in the conditions of martial law and restrictions on international mobility allows to differentiate the directions of tourist activity for its preservation in conditions of uncertainty, to develop the social responsibility of the tourist companies through the offer of settlement services for internally displaced persons, special recreation and rehabilitation services for participants in hostilities, others vulnerable social groups. Priorities of state support for ecotourism in Ukraine should be determined depending on the security status of the region and taken into account during the implementation of the Recovery Plan of Ukraine in terms of rebuilding a clean and protected environment.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
UNWTO (2021). Ecotourism and Protected Areas. Retrieved from https://www.unwto.org/sustainable-development/ecotourism-and-protected-areas (Accessed: 13.04.2022).
Global Ecotourism Network (2021). Definition and Key Concepts. Retrieved from https://www.globalecotourismnetwork.org/definition-and-key-concepts/ (Accessed: 13.04.2022).
The International Ecotourism Society (2021). What Is Ecotourism? Retrieved from https://ecotourism.org/what-is-ecotourism/ (Accessed: 13.04.2022).
Buesgens, L. (2013). Environmental Interpretation’s Role in Ecotourism. University of Wisconsin: International Resource Management.
UNWTO (2021). Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.unwto.org/sustainable-development (Accessed: 13.04.2022).
Korobeinykova, Y. S. (2013). Ecological problems of the territories of tourist destinations. Environmental safety and balanced resource use, 1, 91-94. (in Ukr.).
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1995). About tourism. Law of Ukraine 15.09.1995 №324/95-ВР. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/324/95-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text (Accessed: 12.04.2022).
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1992). About the Nature Reserve Fund of Ukraine. Law of Ukraine 16.06.1992 №2456-XII. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2456-12#Text (Accessed: 12.04.2022).
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1991). About environmental protection. Law of Ukraine 25.06.1991 №1264-XII. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12#Text (Accessed: 12.04.2022).
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2021). Draft Law on rural and rural green tourism 05.03.2021 №5206. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12#Text (Accessed: 14.04.2022).
Moskviak, Ya. Ye. (2022). Current state and prospects for the development of ecological tourism in the Carpathian region of Ukraine. Bulletin of the Khmelnytskyi National University, 2(1), 184-188. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31891/2307-5740-2022-304-2(1)-26 (in Ukr.).
Kozlovskyi, O. Yu., & Dunaievska, O. F. (2013). Ecological and green tourism: definition, features, state of development in Zhytomyr region. Geography and tourism, 25, 151-160. (in Ukr.).
Novytska, S. R. (2013). Ecological tourism as a priority direction of sustainable development of the tourism sphere. Scientific notes of Ternopil National Pedagogical University named after Volodymyr Hnatyuk. Ser.: Geography, 2, 164-169. (in Ukr.).
Davydenko, I. V. (2017). Glamping as a promising form of ecotourism development. Scientific Bulletin of the International Humanitarian University. Series: Economics and management, 26(1), 10-13. (in Ukr.).
Karpiuk, F. V. (2013). Current state, problems and prospects of ecotourism development in the Transcarpathian region. UzhNU Scientific Bulletin Series: Geography. Land management Nature use, 2. Retrieved from https://dspace.uzhnu.edu.ua/jspui/handle/lib/1894 (Accessed: 19.04.2022).
Ukrainian Rural Green Tourism Union (2021). The updated Program of voluntary categorization in the field of rural green tourism «Ukrainian Hospitality Estate». Retrieved from https://www.greentour.com.ua/posluga/programm_kategory (Accessed: 19.04.2022).
Ukrainian nature protection group (2021). Forty-four percent of the most valuable natural territories of Ukraine are covered by war: join the initiative «saving nature in the days of war together». Retrieved from https://uncg.org.ua/44-najtsinnishykh-pryrodnykh-terytorij-ukrainy-okhopleni-vijnoiu-doluchajtesia-do-initsiatyvy-riatuiemo-pryrodu-u-dni-vijny-razom/ (Accessed: 19.04.2022).
Recovery of Ukraine (2021). Projects of the national program Reconstruction of a clean and protected environment. Retrieved from https://recovery.gov.ua/project/program/re-build-clean-and-safe-environment (Accessed: 20.04.2022).
World Ecotourism Summit. Quebec City, Canada, 19-22 May 2002. Final Report. World Tourism Organization and the United Nations Environment Programme. Madrid, Spain, 2002. Retrieved from https://www.gdrc.org/uem/eco-tour/Final-Report-WES-Eng.pdf (Accessed: 12.04.2022).