SCHOOLING OF THE COMPETITIVE PROFESSIONALS BY HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
Introduction. Ensuring the quality of the training of graduates of higher educational institutions corresponds to the economy’s and society’s demands needs to improve the quality of educational services provided by higher education institutions. It foresees the strengthening of the practice-oriented content of curricula in order to balance of the labor market needs and the possibilities of developing a system of education. That’s why it is necessary to study of problems and perspectives of the schooling of competitive professional by the system of higher education, determining the directions of the improvement of its activity.
Methods. Methods of scientific abstraction, analysis, synthesis, logical analysis, statistical methods have been used for research of problem of the schooling of competitive professional by the system of higher education
Results. The main problems and perspectives of training of competitive specialists by the system of higher education are investigated. The factors that complicate preparation of competitive specialists by the system of higher education are determined. The reasons of the imbalance of the training structure of specialists with higher education with the needs of the economy are analyzed. The phenomenon of excessive qualification (non-matching of qualification levels of the workplace and labor force) was investigated. The main directions of the improvement of schooling of competitive professionals by the system of higher education based on innovation changes are offered.
Originality. Mismatching the qualification levels of the workplace and the labour force (the phenomenon of overqualification) was analyzed as a result of a low quality of jobs, inconsistency of education quality with the requirements of employers.
Conclusion. The main directions of the improvement of schooling of competitive professionals by the system of higher education taking into account the influence of innovation changes were proposed, especially:
- improvement of the regulatory and legal framework of the state youth policy in order to promote productive employment of youth;
- development of a proposal for modernization of the toolkit for conducting monitoring studies on the job placement of graduates of higher educational institutions in the framework of implementation of measures for the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework;
- intensification of the process of introducing innovative technologies and modern forms of organization of the schooling process (distance education, open online courses);
- encouraging social partners to develop curricula; preparation of educational standards;
- stimulating the development of public-private partnership, developing mechanisms for multi-channel financing of educational institutions (endowment);
- systematic review and updating of the list of occupations under which training is being conducted, in accordance with the needs of economic development; development of methodological bases for forecasting the needs of the economy in the labor force by occupation and types of economic activity.
Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Approval of the Plan of Measures for the Implementation of the National Qualifications Framework for 2016-2020” http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/go/1077-2016-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
Innovative Ukraine 2020. National Report (2015): National Academy of Science, – 336 p. Natsionalna dopovid NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
Wages by occupations. Economic Activity Survey (2017): State Service of Statistics of Ukraine. Zarplaty za profesiiamy. statystychnyi zbirnyk. Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky // http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/ publicat/kat_u/2017/zb/12/zb_zppg2016w.zip [in Ukrainian].
Nevmershytska N. (2015). Specific Features of Labour Market for Youth under context of a Civilization-Value Division in Ukraine. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VI Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii, Part 1, 273 [in Ukrainian].
Main Indicators of the Activity of High Education Institutions of Ukraine at the beginning of 2016/17. State Service of Statistics of Ukraine. Osnovni pokaznyky diialnosti vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv Ukrainy 2016/2017. Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2017/bl/01/BL_VNZ_16xl.zip [in Ukrainian].
School-to-work Transition Surveys in Ukraine 2013-2015 (2016). ILO Survey // http://www.idss.org.ua/monografii/2016_Zvit_rynok_pratsi.pdf [in Ukrainian].
O. Slobodyan, E. Stadny (2016) Ukrainian Students Abroad: How many and Why? https://cedos.org.ua/uk/osvita/ukrainski-studenty-za-kordonom-skilky-ta-chomu [in Ukrainian].
Shtunder I.O. (2016) Effective Employment: Reality and Innovation Prospects. Monography. Universytet ekonomiky ta prava «KROK», 37 [in Ukrainian].
The Global Competitiveness Report 2016/2017. // https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-global-competitiveness-report-2016-2017-1 [in English].
ILOSTAT. Employment by occupations // http://www.ilo.org/ilostat/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp /pagehierarchy/ Page27.jspx [in English].
- There are currently no refbacks.