Main Article Content
Introduction. Today, the banking system has a number of problems that allows us to talk about the systemic crisis of the banking system in Ukraine. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure an adequate level of financial security of the banking system through its substantial modernization, which will help to increase the client base of banks and expand the range of banking services, which in turn will allow to increase the level of capitalization of commercial banks and create the basis for a stable and powerful basis of the entire financial systems of our country.
Purpose. The research aims at providing scientific substantiation of theoretical and practical provisions on ensuring an adequate level of financial security of the banking system in Ukraine as a component of the national economy.
Methods. Method of theoretical analysis, monographic method, method of generalization, abstract-logical method are used.
Results. The article analyzes the role of the banking system in the national economy. The key approaches to understanding the essence of the concept "financial security of the banking system" are determined and the author’s definition is proposed. The structural-logical scheme of achievement of financial safety of the banking system is developed. The types of threats to the financial security of the banking system and their classification have been investigated. The types of risks of the banking system were determined and their assessment on a ten-point scale. The analysis of the main indicators of banks activity and economic norms in the banking system of Ukraine is carried out. The researches the number of operating banks in Ukraine, total assets of banks, gross loans of individuals and business entities and funds of individuals and business entities. The dynamics of change in net profit (loss) of Ukrainian banks is analyzed.
Originality. The financial security of the banking sector is proposed to understand the financial state of the banking sector, which promotes the efficient operation of banks and allows for the rapid detection and elimination of potential threats and minimizing the risks that prevent banks from developing normally and perform their functions qualitatively. The list of measures, the implementation of which will contribute to ensuring an adequate level of financial security of the banking system in Ukraine, is developed, namely: to restore profitability of banking activity and stimulate further capitalization of the banking sector; increase requirements for the minimum size of regulatory capital; create conditions for restoring confidence in the banking system (to strengthen the protection of the rights of participants in banking activities); to facilitate the activation of deposit and credit activities of banking structures; stabilize the exchange rate of the national currency.
Conclusion. The generalization of the results of the study leads to the formation of such conclusions. First, the banking system is a component of the national economy. Secondly, the level of economic security of the state depends on the level of financial security of the banking system. Thirdly, the threats to the financial security of the Ukrainian banking system are extremely high. Fourthly, there is a need to improve the level of financial security of the banking system in Ukraine.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
Khytrin, O. I. (2004). The financial security of the commercial banks. Finansy Ukrayiny (Finances of Ukraine), 11, 118-124 (in Ukr.).
Epifanov, A. O., Plastun, A. L., Dombrovskii V. S. at all. (2009). The financial security of enterprises and banking institutions. In A. O. Epiphanov (Ed.). Sumy: SHEI "UAB NBU" (in Ukr.).
Baranovsky, O. I. (2006). Banking security: the problem of measurement. Ekonomika i prognozuvannya (Economy and forecasting), 1,. 7-25 (in Ukr.).
Goral’ko, O. V. (2011). The financial security of the banks in the system of providing the financial security of the state. Scientific bulletin of Lviv State University of Internal Affairs, 2, 328-337 (in Ukr.).
Kostyuchenko O. E. (2014). Providing the financial security of the banking system as an integral part of the financial security of the state. Scientific Bulletin of the Kherson State University, 7/5, 24-27 (in Ukr.).
Grebenyuk N. O. (2016). The financial security of the banks: a system for recognizing threats and eliminating risks. Bulletin of the Kharkiv National University named after V. N. Karazin, the series "Economic", 91, 53-64 (in Ukr.).
National Bank of Ukraine (June 2017). Financial Stability Report. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/doccatalog/document?id=50604896 (in Ukr.).
National Bank of Ukraine (June 2018). Financial Stability Report. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/doccatalog/document?id=71475860 (in Ukr.).
National Bank of Ukraine (August 2018). Overview of the banking sector. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/doccatalog/document;jsessionid=091110651F1739B98B3E343624A84716?Id=75174148 (in Ukr.).
National Bank of Ukraine. The indicators of the banking system: value of economic norms in general on the system. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article? art_id=34661442&cat_id=34798593 (in Ukr.).
National Bank of Ukraine. Glossary of the banking terminology. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=123591 (in Ukr.).