Main Article Content
Introduction. The hotel and restaurant business is one of the most profitable businesses in the world and meets the basic needs of the population in food and housing. However, research shows that today it is one of the most sensitive to the economic situation and the global pandemic. Therefore, research in the field of hotel and restaurant business as any country as a whole and its individual region is relevant.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the current state of the hotel and restaurant business in the Poltava region and determine the strategic directions of its further development. Research methods are analysis and systematization of the state and further development of the hotel and restaurant business of Poltava region.
Results. The current state and trends of hotel and restaurant business development in Poltava region are analyzed. It is established that the volume of implemented services for temporary accommodation and catering for 2017-2019 tends to increase for all categories of consumers. The volume of sold services for the first three quarters of 2020 is analyzed; there are uneven changes, first the volume of services decreases, and then increases again. The characteristics of the structure of implemented services for temporary accommodation and catering for 2017-2019 are given. It is established that the largest share in this structure are services provided to the population - 77%. The dynamics of the number of accommodation facilities in 2015-2017 was studied. There is a decrease in the number of accommodation facilities from 11% to 23%.
Conclusions. The volume of sales of services for temporary accommodation and catering for enterprises of hotel and restaurant business of Poltava region for 2016-2019 tends to increase. The number of hotel and restaurant businesses is declining due to inefficient management methods and slow updating of the material and technical base. The analysis of the state of development of the hotel and restaurant business of Poltava region will be an effective tool for developing strategic directions of development and effective operation of accommodation facilities. The practical significance of the obtained results lies in the development of methodological recommendations for the formation of strategic development of hotel and restaurant business enterprises.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrajiny (2021). Oficijnyj sajt. URL: www.ukrstat.gov.ua (data zvernennja: 13.02.2021)
Kovaljchuk, T. Gh. (2019). Perspektyvy rozvytku ghoteljno-restorannogho biznesu v Ukrajini v umovakh ghlobalizaciji svitovogho ghospodarstva. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhghorodsjkogho nacionaljnogho universytetu. Vypusk 23, chastyna 1, 126.
Manachynsjka, Ju. A. (2012). Obgruntuvannja dynamiky rentabeljnosti ghoteljnykh poslugh. Ekonomika i finansy, 130, S. 131-137.
Nepochatenko V.O. (2020). Pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv hotelnoho biznesu v Ukraini. Infrastruktura rynku. Vypusk 44, 106-110.
Ostapenko, Ja. O. (2015). Statystychnyj analiz pidpryjemstv ghoteljnogho ghospodarstva ta proghnozuvannja jogho rozvytku. Ghlobaljni ta nacionaljni problemy ekonomiky, Vyp. 8, 1216-1221.
Poplavsjka, I. V. (2009). Dynamika rozvytku ghoteljnogho ghospodarstva Ukrajiny. Istorija ukrajinsjkoji gheoghrafiji. Vseukrajinsjkyj naukovo-teoretychnyj chasopys, 20, 117–120.
P'jatnycjka, Gh. T. & Najdjuk, V. S. (2017). Suchasni trendy rozvytku restorannogho ghospodarstva v ukrajini. Ekonomika ta derzhava, 9, 66–73.
Prokopjuk, A. (2015). Suchasni tendenciji rozvytku restorannogho ghospodarstva Ukrajiny ta Poljshhi. Naukovyj visnyk NLTU Ukrajiny, 25.4, 259–265.
Poltava Regional State Administration, Department of Culture and Tourism (2018). Strategy for the development of tourism and resorts in the Poltava region for 2019-2029. URL: http://poltavaculture.gov.ua/uk/informatsiia/zahalna-informatsiia1/219-stratehiya-rozvytku-turyzmu-takurortiv-u-poltavskiy-oblasti-na-2019-2029-roky (Accessed: 12.01.2021).
Bakar, N.A. & Rosbi, S. (2020). Effect of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to tourism industry. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res. Sci, 7, 4.
Gursoy, D., Chi, C. G. , & Chi, O. H. (2020). COVID-19 Study 2 Report: Restaurant and Hotel Industry: Restaurant and hotel customers’ sentiment analysis. Would they come back? If they would, WHEN? (Report No. 2), Carson College of Business, Washington State University.
Gössling, S., Scott, D., & Hall, C. M. (2020). Pandemics, tourism and global change: A rapid assessment of COVID-19. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2020.1758708
World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). URL: http://www.wttc.org/research/economic-impact-research/country-reports/ (Accessed: 12.01.2021).
UNWTO. (2020). UNWTO world tourism barometer (Vol. 18, Issue 2, May 2020)