Main Article Content
Introduction. Today, the topic of Ukraine's interaction with its strategic partners is quite relevant and is becoming increasingly popular. Each country, developing friendly relations with strategic partners, has certain guarantees of stability and development. Long-term economic relations should be built on a clear foundation, so it is necessary to create a concept that reflects the problems and prerequisites for the formation of such relations, interests, goals and priorities of both countries. One would also need to keep in mind the ideals and principles of strategic and economic partnerships, considering also the interdependence between Ukraine’s and the US’s developmental and external factors that would impact such relations. The process of developing relations with the United States is quite long and has started before the independence of Ukraine.
In the context of globalization, the solidification of cooperation between the United States and Ukraine is a very important process for the following reasons: the United States, as a powerful player in the international arena, has significant opportunities to support Ukraine; entering the US markets is an important condition for the development of Ukraine's export potential; establishment of investment cooperation will increase the competitiveness of domestic industries. Therefore, in our opinion, the United States as a strategic partner for Ukraine, especially in modern conditions, having certain misunderstandings with Russia, plays a decisive role in protecting the national interests of Ukraine.
Purpose. The study aims at the main dynamics of trade relations between Ukraine and the USA.
Results. The research aims to substantiate the peculiarities of trade relations between Ukraine and the United States and the directions of the one's solidification. The main problems and reasons for the negative balance of Ukraine are identified. The causes of instability and deterioration of relations are revealed. The degree of dependence of Ukrainian GDP on foreign trade with the United States is analyzed. The unrealized potential and the main ways of its fulfillment are pointed out. Recommendations for trade intensification are offered. The further development of relations is determined.
Originality. Implementation of the characteristics of Ukrainian-American cooperation in trade, as well as the disclosure of recommendations for improving Ukraine's international relations with the United States as a strategic partner.
Further developed: substantiation of the role of trade relations between Ukraine and the USA in intensifying economic development of Ukraine by determining the correlation-regression dependence between foreign trade turnover of Ukraine and the USA and GDP of Ukraine and determining the role of US assistance to Ukraine in the process of structural modernization of the national economy.
Conclusion. The results of the research can be used in the activities of public authorities, local governments in order to improve further cooperation between Ukraine and the United States, as well as in writing term papers and abstracts by higher education students.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2019). Statistical collection "Foreign trade of Ukraine in goods and services": Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/06/zb_ztutp2017.pdf (Accessed: 15.02.2021)
State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2021). Statistical collection "Foreign trade of Ukraine 2020". Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2020/zb/06/Zov_torg.pdf (Accessed: 15.02.2021)
McKinsey Global Institute (2014). Global flows in a digital age: How trade, finance, people, and data connect the world economy. April 2014.
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (2021). Nominal GDP of Ukraine from 2002 to 2020. Retrieved from: https://index.minfin.com.ua/ua/economy/gdp/ (Accessed: 09.03.2021)
The Balance. U.S. GDP by year. Retrieved from: https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543 (Accessed: 05.02.2021)
Consulate General of Ukraine in the United States (2020). Trade and economic cooperation. Retrieved from: https://chicago.mfa.gov.ua/spivrobitnictvo/torgovelno-ekonomichne-spivrobitnictvo (Accessed: 01.02.2021)
U.S. Embassy in Ukraine (2020). Collaboration between the U.S. and Ukraine in the fight with covid-19. Available from: https://ua.usembassy.gov/ (Accessed 25.02.2021)
USAID (2020). UKRAINE. Available from: https://www.usaid.gov/ukraine (date of access 15.02.2021)
Yatsenko O., Schneeberger K. C., Tananaiko T. (2020). Trade facilitation and economic development: cooperation between Ukraine and the countries of north America. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323822666_TRADE_FACILITATION_AND_ECONOMIC_DEVELOPMENT_COOPERATION_BETWEEN_UKRAINE_AND_THE_COUNTRIES_OF_NORTH_AMERICA (Accessed 18.01.2021).