PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF THE WORLD BIOTECHNOLOGICAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT
Main Article Content
Introduction. In recent decades, biotechnology industries have created the preconditions for the development of high-tech sectors in developed countries and provided opportunities for the transition to a model of sustainable development. According to experts, biotechnology in the coming decades will help improve human life, capable of becoming one of the fastest growing and most profitable sectors of the XXI century. The industry is high-tech, which determines the specifics of the innovation process and investment. The development of biotechnology is impossible without the coordinating and motivating role of the state, which will create a favorable environment for the development of biotechnology industries - an appropriate ecosystem, which will be an environment for effective interaction between all market participants. The formation of such an ecosystem depends on the formation of an effective institutional environment, the availability of resources and economic entities and the formation of effective interaction between participants through the creation of networks and the development of appropriate organizational forms.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to determine the features, problems and prospects of the global biotechnology market.
Results. Features of geographical and commodity structure of the world biotechnological market are considered. It is determined that the conditions for the development of the biotechnology market are diversified sources of funding, but also relevant research and development resources, existing biotechnology companies capable of production, infrastructure that will promote the commercialization of finished products, intellectual property protection system. The factors of supply and demand are determined and it is substantiated that without purposeful state support the development of the biotechnology market is impossible.
Originality. Factors of supply and demand in the biotechnological market are determined. Factors in demand for the biotechnology market in developed countries are high health care costs, high manufacturability of all industries, the desire to implement resource-saving and environmentally friendly technologies, the development of alternative energy. The main factors of supply in the biotechnology market are the availability of biotechnology companies with highly qualified specialists, the level of state support, the availability of basic technologies and the development of funding sources.
Conclusion. The deep recession in the modern world economy and internal imbalances will lead to positive changes in the biotechnology industries, which will affect both product and geographical structure. The main drivers of growth will be developing countries as a result of stimulating policies to support biotechnology and cheaper resources. The dominant position in all markets will be occupied by developed countries as a result of significant investment in research and development, but large TNCs will increasingly take advantage of outsourcing, which will create additional opportunities for developing countries. The consolidation of key TNCs in biotechnology markets will be enhanced by their desire to integrate into their structure or to cooperate with research institutions and small innovative companies in various fields of biotechnology. Therefore, it is important for each country to develop its own mechanisms to intensify the development of biotechnology industries given the resource potential, production capacity and future markets.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
Consulting group «IBISWorld». Global Biotechnology - Market Size 2004–2025. Retrieved from: https://www.ibisworld.com/global/market-size/global-biotechnology/ (Аccessed: 19.02.2021)
Consulting group «Fior Markets» «Global Biotechnology Market Is Expected to Reach USD 833.34 Billion by 2027» Retrieved from: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/09/10/2092014/0/en/Global-Biotechnology-Market-Is-Expected-to-Reach-USD-833-34-Billion-by-2027-Fior-Markets.html (Аccessed: 19.02.2021)
Biotechnology Report 2017 Staying the course Beyond borders. Retrieved from: https://assets.ey.com/content/dam/ey-sites/ey-com/en_gl/topics/life-sciences/life-sciences-pdfs/ey-biotechnology-report-2017-beyond-borders-staying-the-course1.pdf (Аccessed: 19.02.2021)
Marex M. (2020). Biotech in the Age of Coronavirus. Retrieved from:: https://www.nasdaq.com/docs/2020/07/13/Biotech_in_the_Age_of_Coronavirus.pdf (дата звернення 19.04.2021)
OECD (2009). The Bioeconomy to 2030: Designing a Policy Agenda Main findings and policy conclusions. Retrieved from: https://www.oecd.org/futures/long-termtechnologicalsocietalchallenges/42837897.pdf (Аccessed: 17.11.2020)
OECD (2011). Future Prospects for Industrial Biotechnology, OECD Publishing. Retrieved from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264126633-en (Аccessed: 17.11.2020)
Cancherini L., Lydon J. da Silva S. J., and Zemp A. (2021). What’s ahead for biotech: Another wave or low tide? April 30, 2021 Retrieved from: : ttps://www.mckinsey.com/industries/pharmaceuticals-and-medical-products/our-insights/whats-ahead-for-biotech-another-wave-or-low-tide (Аccessed: 02.03.2021)
Martin D., Vicente O., Beccari T., Kellermayer M., Koller M., Lal R., Marks R., Marova I., Mechler A., Tapaloaga D., Žnidaršič-Plazl P., Dundar M. (2021). A brief overview of global biotechnology, Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment, 2021. 35: sup1, PP. 5-14. Retrieved from: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/13102818.2021.1878933?needAccess=true (Аccessed: 17.11.2020)
Consulting group «Strategic Decisions Group» (2020). Cutting-Edge Prioritization Model Enables Consistent Evaluation of Early-Stage Drugs Across Pharma Portfolio. Retrieved from: ttps://sdg.com/case-studies/cutting-edge-prioritization-model-enables-consistent-evaluation-early-stage-drugs-across-pharma-portfolio/ (Аccessed: 20.03.2021)
Biotechnologies. OECD (2021). Retrieved from: http://www.oecd.org/sti/biotech/keybiotechnologyindicators.htm (Аccessed: 08.05.2021).