SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF NUTRITION ORGANIZATION
Main Article Content
Introduction. The authors of the article substantiate that at the present stage of society development the issues of nutrition, which determine the trends of sustainable development in the context of poverty alleviation, are relevant and deserve special observation and research.
purpose. The article is devoted to the formation of modern approaches to the definition of the cost of a safe diet in the context of national economic interests. To achieve the goal, the systematic approach, methods of logical generalization, systematization, adaptation, dialectical method, analysis and synthesis, economic and mathematical method were used.
Results. The result of the study was the substantiation of the need to assess the cost of a balanced diet, which is based not on amounts of food products, but on nutrients. The advantage of this approach to a healthy diet based on nutrients is that the consumer can be directed to choose more nutritious but cheaper products. It is proposed to create a model of optimal provision of the population with basic types of food products, using a mathematical model of optimization, consisting in minimizing the target function - the cost of the "food basket".
Originality. The scientific novelty of the research consists in creating an approach to determining the economic component of nutrition. This method made it possible to substantiate the optimal composition of a safe food basket under the condition of minimizing its cost. The practical significance of the study is determined by the possibility of substantiating the priorities of socio-economic policy of the state and the formation of consumer preferences from the position of economy and health.
Conclusion. The authors argue that the possibility of applying the proposed approach can improve the health of the population. This determines the future economic benefits by reducing morbidity and increasing the productive (working-age) period of human life. The prospective directions of further research are the analysis of food production (functional foods) from the position of nutritional security and transition to the optimal model of consumption by optimizing the food basket to level food poverty.
The authors published in this journal agree with following conditions:
1. The authors reserve to themselves the right to the authorship of their works and transfer the right of their first publication to the journal on the terms of Creatіve Common Attrіbutіon Lіcense which allows to freely extend to other persons the published work with an obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and its first publication in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to complete independent additional agreements concerning the not exclusive distribution of their work in the form in which it was published in this journal (for example, to place the work in the electronic storehouse of an establishment or to publish as a monograph component), under the condition of the preservation of the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal.3. The journal’s policy allows and encourage the authors to place their manuscripts into the Internet (for example, in depositories of establishments or on personal web-sites) either before submitting of the manuscript for publication or during its editorial processing as it assists the occurrence of a productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of citing of the published work.
ABOUT TRANSMISSION OF COPYRIGHT
I, the author of the article / We, the authors of the manuscript _______________________________________________________________________
in case of its acceptance for publication, we transfer the following rights to the founders and editorial boards of the scientific publication "BULLETIN OF THE CHERKASY BOHDAN KHMELNYTSKY NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. ECONOMIC SCIENCES. SERIES "ECONOMIC SCIENCES":
1. Publication of this article in Ukrainian (English, Russian, Polish) and distribution of its printed version.
2. Dissemination of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placing on the official journal web site, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
At the same time we reserve the right without consent of the editorial board and the founders:
1. Use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
2. To use the materials of the article in whole or in part for writing your own theses.
3. Use article materials to prepare abstracts, conference reports, and oral presentations.
4. Post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal's official website) to:
a. personal web-pecypcax of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.);
b. web-pecypcax of the institutions where the authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
with. non-profit, open-source web-pecypcax (such as arXiv.org).
With this agreement, we also certify that the submitted manuscript meets the following criteria:
1. Does not contain calls for violence, incitement of racial or ethnic enmity, which are disturbing, threatening, shameful, libelous, cruel, indecent, vulgar, etc.
2. Does not infringe the copyrights and intellectual property rights of others or organizations; contains all the references to the cited authors and / or publications envisaged by applicable copyright law, as well as the results and facts used in the article by other authors or organizations.
3. It has not been previously published in other publishers and has not been published in other publications.
4. Does not include materials that are not subject to publication in the open press, in accordance with applicable law.
First name, Last name, signature of the author
"___" __________ 20__
State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Expenditures and resources of households of Ukraine in 2019 (according to a sample survey of living conditions of households of Ukraine). Statistical digest. Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine, 450 p. (in Ukr.).
Korzun V.N, Tykhonenko Y.S. (2010). Functional products and their role in human nutrition. Scientific works of the Odesa National Academy of Food Technologies, 38 (2), 173-178.
Koshchiy O.V. (2013). Problems of providing the population of Ukraine with food. Socio-economic problems of the modern period of Ukraine, 6., 441-448.
Kupinets L., Kharichkov S. (2011). Food and health of the nation: risk analysis, economic evaluation, management decisions. Economist, 6, 31–37.
Libanova E.M. and other (2012). Human development in Ukraine: the transformation of living standards and regional disparities: [collection. monograph in 2 volumes]. Kyiv: Institute of Demography and Social Research after M.V. Ptukha of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 436 p. (in Ukr.).
Mudrak R.P., Sokovnina D.M. (2016). Elasticity of consumer demand for horticultural products. Collection of scientific works of the Uman National University of Horticulture, 89 (2), 111-120.
Mudrak R.P. (2014). Consumer behavior as a factor in food household security. Economic Journal – XXI, 3-4 (1), 27–30.
Libanova E.M. and other (2012). Inequality in Ukraine: scale and opportunities for influence. Kyiv: Institute of Demography and Social Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 404 p. (in Ukr.).
Ministry of Health of Ukraine (1999). Norms of physiological needs of the population of Ukraine in basic nutrients and energy. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine № 272 of 18.11.1999. URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0834 (Accessed: 12.08.2021).
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2000). Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On approval of food kits, non-food kits and service kits for major social and demographic groups" of April 14, 2000 № 656.URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/656-2000-%D0%BF (Accessed: 12.08.2021).
Rynhach N.O. (2009). Public health as a factor of national security: a monograph. Kyiv: NAPA, 296 p. (in Ukr.).
Syrohman I.V., Zavgorodnya V.M. (2009). Commodity science of functional foods: [textbook. manual]. Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature, 544 p. (in Ukr.).
Simakhina G.O., Naumenko N.V. (2019). Relationship between nutrition and public health. Progress in Science and Education: Proceedings of the International Conference, September 26-27. New York, pp. 106-117.
Skydan O.V. (2003). Formation of agrarian policy to ensure food security of the country. Economics of agro-industrial complex, 6, 19-25.
Smolyar V.I. (2013). The formula of rational nutrition. Nutrition problems, 1, 5-9.
Peresichnyi M.I. and other (2008). Functional food technology: [monograph]. Kyiv: KNTEU, 718 p. (in Ukr.).
Shevchenko O.I., Simakhina G.O., Shevchenko A.O. (2020). Health nutrition in the context of food security in Ukraine. Scientific works of NUFT, 26, 6, 36–43.
Allen A., Maestre M. and Gelli A. (2019). “Food value chains for nutrition”. Agriculture for Improved Nutrition: Seizing the Momentum. Wallingford: CAB International. DOI: 10.1079/97817863993.
Babb A.M., Knudsen D.C., Robeson S.M. (2019). A critique of the objective function utilized in calculating the Thrifty Food Plan. PLoS ONE, 14.
Bai Y., Alemu R., Block S.A., Headey D., Masters W.A. (2021). Cost and affordability of nutritious diets at retail prices: Evidence from 177 countries. Food Policy, 99, 101983.
Drewnowski A. (2010). The cost of US foods as related to their nutritive value. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 92, 1181–1188.
Drewnowski A., Darmon N., Monsivais P. (2021). Affordable Nutrient Density: Toward Economic Indicators of Sustainable Healthy Diets. Sustainability, 13, 9300. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/su13169300.
Drewnowski A., Specter S.E. (2004). Poverty and obesity: The role of energy density and energy costs. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 79, 6-9.
FAO (2016). “Inclusive value chains for sustainable agriculture and scaled up food security and nutrition outcomes. Background document”. Committee on World Food Security Forty-third Session. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN. URL: http://www.fao.org/3/a-mr587e.pdf (Accessed: 12.08.2021).
Forouzanfar M. H., Alexander L., Anderson H. R., Bachman V. F., Biryukov S., Brauer M. et al. (2015). Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks in 188 countries, 1990- 2013: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2013. Lancet, 386, 2287-2323. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00128-2.
Fulgoni V., Drewnowski A. (2019). An economic gap between the recommended healthy food patterns and exisiting diets of minority groups in the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2013-14. Front. Nutr., 6, 37.
Fulgoni V.L., Keast D.R., Drewnowski A. (2009). Development and validation of the nutrient-rich foods index: A tool to measure nutritional quality of foods. J. Nutr., 139, 1549-1554.
GNR (2020). Global Nutrition Report: Action on Equity to End Malnutrition. Bristol: Development Initiatives.
Headey D.D., Alderman H.H. (2019). The relative caloric prices of healthy and unhealthy foods differ systematically across income levels and continents. J. Nutr., 149, 2020-2033.
Herforth A., Bai Y., Venkat A., Mahrt K., Ebel A., Masters W.A. (2020). Cost and affordability of healthy diets across and within countries. In Background Paper for the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020. FAO: Rome, Italy.
Johnston J.L., Fanzo J.C., Cogill B. (2014). Understanding sustainable diets: A descriptive analysis of the determinants and processes that influence diets and their impact on health, food security, and environmental sustainability. Adv. Nutr., 5, 418-429.
Nicholls E., Ely A., Birkin L., Basu P., Goulson D. (2020). The contribution of small-scale food production in urban areas to the sustainable development goals: A review and case study. Sustain. Sci., 15, 1–15.
USDA (2020). ERS–Interactive Charts: Food Expenditures. URL: https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-expenditureseries/interactive-charts-food-expenditures/ (Accessed: 12.08.2021).
USDA-FNS (2020). USDA Food Patterns. URL: https://www.fns.usda.gov/usda-food-patterns (Accessed: 12.08.2021).
ActionAgainstHunger (2021). World Hunger: Key Facts and Statistics Action against Hunger. URL: https://www.actionagainsthunger.org/world-hunger-facts-statistics (Accessed: 12.08.2021).